WIPocalpyse 2012

Wednesday 13 October 2010

the perils of wearing socks

It would appear that wearing socks while walking down the stairs is not the most sensible thing to do. One tiny slip and off we go, one leg going one way and the other going in the completely wrong direction lol! Hobbled about on it on Sunday but decided by Monday that i should maybe get it looked at, so went up to my local accident & emergeny department (my old work - where they all had a good laugh at me) and came out wearing this ridiculous big stookie! apparentely i have a subtle fracture of the lateral mallelous but this requires a completely unsubtle plaster.

The most annoying bit was that we were due to go away for a few days over this week as it is the school holidays but me being the only driver this has had to be cancelled - we shall just rearrange for the spring instead.

The good part is though that i am getting lots of stitching time yay! Working away on my advent calender which is making up 25 little pillows - only got another 5 to do and then the fun begins of sewing them all up...


take care all and remember don't wear socks going down stairs!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, Maureen, hope you're feeling okay.
    You beat me to it, I was about to say - on the upside it's a good excuse to spend all your time stitching - I know it's not much of a consulation (is that spelt right? Looks weird) but at least it's something.
    Look after yourself chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Remind me not to wear socks coming down the stairs.

    It is a good excuse to get lots of stitching done though! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your accident, those sock can be quite leathal on the stairs, i know, i've slipped a few times!
    At least you can get plenty of stitching in and get the rest of the family waiting on you, lol

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! So sorry to hear about your fall and injury. I fell down the stairs yesterday--thankfully all is okay--because I slipped on the empty shampoo bottle *I* had thrown down the stairs to put out in the recycling bin. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and stitching in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, Maureen, I'm so sorry about your accident. Those socks can be treacherous! (I had a similar accident just after my lymph node dissection, only landed on my bum) I'd volunteer to be your chauffeur, I'm GREAT at driving people crazy, but I think you had a different destination in mind. LOL Hopefully your stitching will be your solace. Take care! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your accident Maureen. Hope you get plenty of rest and stitching. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you poor thing, socks of all things. One thing at least you get to stitch. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Maureen that you hurt your leg, what a bummer!
    Hope you feel better soon. You live in such a gorgeous place and I love your accent. I can hear it in the post while you are talking. It has got to be the best accent for me to hear. My son Tris, is an actor and he has called me a number of times, at work, and uses a Scottish brogue and I enjoy it so much. At first I don't know it is him until he laughs.
    Take care and get that Advent Calendar done it looks great!
    Happy stitching!
    God Bless ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!