WIPocalpyse 2012

Saturday 24 January 2009

woefully neglected blog

Oops - it's been a while since i updated this blog but it's because i've been trying to stitch with every spare minute i've got which ain't a lot- nearly finished my friend's baby sampler - fingers crossed will get that done in the next couple of weeks and get it framed.





Decided that as it is my birthday on Tuesday i would give myself a new start - so got my HAED Twilight Shimmer QS out and got it kitted up (well as much as i could - goodness, for a smaller design it still uses heaps of colours!) Am on a self imposed stash ban ( hubbie lost his job last year so finances are a bit tight) so will work with what i have at the moment starting on my birthday... might also through caution to the wind and start my Mirabilia Maiden of the Spring - i feel the need for lots of new starts ....


I did manage to stitch up and finish in time for Christmas a little Thomas for my wee boy Joe as he had been asking for it for months - he was very pleased with it and it now sits by his bed, along with a lot of other Thomas the Tank stuff, he's quite a fan!




Normal work as usual has been busy and then the restaurant as well has been busy at the weekends - considering it's January when everyone is supposedly poor, what happended to the recession - still can't complain, helps keep the finances ticking over.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find this adorable Thomas the Train pattern??? (Your finish is awesome) My sons love anything Thomas and our house is chock full of trains and track and..... LOL I tried to comment a moment ago but it gave me an error code so please forgive me if you get two of the same (almost) comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it off Ebay - the're pretty hard to find these days as they are not in print anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!